Who we are
Advanced Bioprocess Development Limited (ABD) is a private limited company set up by Manchester Metropolitan University to exploit the research of Dr Mike Dempsey, its founding scientist and Managing Director. The company is chaired by Peter Jackson, who is a mechanical engineer with extensive commercial experience in the water industry.
Dr Mike Dempsey
An applied microbiologist, with experience of biochemical and wastewater engineering.
- microbial physiology
- microbial adhesion
- development of expanded and fluidized bed bioprocesses
- development of bioprocess monitoring and control strategies
- US6572773: Nitrification process
- WO03033411: Improvements in and relating to fluid bed expansion and fluidisation
Mr Peter Jackson
An experienced businessman, with a Non-Executive Chairmanship, who has managed contracting, engineering, and manufacturing companies for UK, American & French Corporations, operating as Chairman of UK and European subsidiaries.
- Strategic management
- Management buyout and subsequent sale
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International markets and operations